Friday, February 1, 2008

Zambian Sky



Here is an example of the beautiful sky I keep talking about. Because it rains and then stops, and then rains again the sky is constantly changing which is why I can't stop looking at it. If you click on the photo it will blow up so you can get a better look.

This picture was taken in front of our house in Kapiri Mposhi. I'm standing in the street right in front of our driveway. I've also included a pic of the house itself.

Also a funny story from today. I was waiting for the bus back down to Lusaka from Kabwe, and there were a bunch of women in fairly traditional African dress all bobbing their heads a little bit to Justin Timberlake that was blasting from a store. It seemed so out of place I couldn't help but watch for a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously I don't know the situations there, but maybe you COULD pave the road... By that I mean, perhaps the women who are not making blankets and not in the waiting house could help their families and themselves by improving the road? I understand that it will take lots of time and money, but if there's a pot hole, even filling it with dirt from the side of the road would improve the way. What do you think?